Privacy legislation in Canada defines “personal information” broadly as any information about an identifiable individual. In general, personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title or position, business, telephone or facsimile number.
Natalie Jewellery by Studio Natalie is responsible under applicable privacy legislation for the personal information in our possession or control. This includes personal information we receive directly from you, and personal information we receive indirectly from customers, dealers, suppliers, service providers, job applicants or others. We have established policies and procedures with the objective of protecting personal information. We can be reached at email@example.com or at 1 (709) 222-9332.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The types of personal information we may collect about you include your name and personal contact information, billing and account information, information relevant to a job application, information relevant to a customer’s product, solutions and/or service needs, suitability, credit-worthiness and proper organizational authorization, information relevant to a dealer’s or supplier’s products, solutions and services, suitability and proper organizational authorization, and other information incidental to the provision of products, solutions and services by our company. Examples of the types of personal information we may collect include personal information about directors, officers, employees and representatives of a customer, dealer, supplier, service provider or other party, and information about shareholders, security-holders, investors, potential investors or buyers, business partners, targets, competitors or customers of customers, dealers, suppliers, service providers, and information about job applicants or other parties who are individuals.
Our Purposes for Collecting, Using or Disclosing Personal Information
Studio Natalie collects, uses and discloses personal information for the primary purpose of providing and consuming products, solutions and services, including for the following purposes:
• to establish and manage customer, dealer, supplier and service provider relationships, in order to provide or consume products, solutions and services;
• to share personal information with third parties (may include affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, employees, independent contractors, customers, dealers, suppliers, service providers, professional advisors and our website host) for use in connection with matters relating to your use of our website or the provision of products, solutions and services to you or to the party whom you represent;
• as is necessary or required in the context of business transactions involving the exchange or disclosure of personal information, including by purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation, arrangement or any other type of acquisition, disposition, public offering, securitization, investment, financing or other transaction;
• to establish and maintain commercial relationships with customers, dealers, suppliers, service providers and other third parties, including to provide information, provide a quotation, issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments, evaluate credit standing, and to fulfil legal and contractual obligations;
• to contact and communicate with customers, dealers, suppliers, services providers and others for the purpose of conducting market research, and evaluating service and satisfaction;
• to distribute our notices, publications and invitations to events to individuals who subscribe to our mailing and/or emailing lists;
• to maintain, develop and manage our document management, knowledge-management and precedent systems and databases;
• to consider the hiring of individuals as employees of the company;
• to develop and manage our business and operations;
• to detect and protect against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and where necessary to meet our insurance requirements; and
• as permitted by, and to comply with, applicable legal or regulatory requirements or provisions.
Notices, Publications and Invitations
If you subscribe through our web site or by invitation from our representatives and employees, Studio Natalie may use your contact information to send you notices, publications or invitations containing information about Natalie Jewellery or Studio Natalie, and other matters or events that Studio Natalie believes will interest you. Studio Natalie provides an opportunity to any contact to unsubscribe from receiving our notices, publications or invitations on an ongoing basis by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1 (709) 222-9332.
Emails from Studio Natalie
If you contact Studio Natalie through our web site or email, or otherwise indicate that you would like to receive our notices, publications or invitations by email, then Studio Natalie may send to you emails containing information about Studio Natalie and other matters or events that Studio Natalie believes will interest you. At any time you may ask Studio Natalie to stop sending you email by contacting us at email@example.com or at 1 (709) 222-9332. Studio Natalie may send to you email containing important information regarding our website, or may respond to your specific inquiries or applications, and you may not opt out of receiving these emails.
• On-line Communications – In order to provide our web site users with notices, publications, invitations or requested information or services, visitors may voluntarily submit personal information to us for such purposes as subscribing to or downloading notices, publications or invitations, participating in a seminar or other event, participating in surveys or asking a question. We use the personal information you provide only for the purpose for which you have provided it. If a subscriber or visitor has subscribed or attended a seminar or other event in the past, we may combine the information with information submitted on the web site. We provide an on-going opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out of contact by the company by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1 (709) 222-9332.
To the extent we enter into arrangements with service providers, agents and contractors to store, handle or process personal information on our behalf, such as for data processing, document storage software support and office services, our policy will be to require such parties by contractual or other means to provide comparable privacy protection while the information is processed or handled by them.
We will obtain your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you as required by applicable privacy legislation. Your consent for the collection of personal information can be express or implied. It can be expressed in writing, or electronically when, for example, you authorize us to check your employment in the context of a job application, or to contact you in the context of an inquiry about Studio Natalie and/or its products, solutions, services or job opportunities or a subscription to receive our notices, publications and invitations. Your consent can also be implied. We assume that an individual has consented to our reasonable collection and use of personal information consistent with the purposes for which the information was given, when the individual initiates contact with us or voluntarily provides personal information to us. We also assume that individual customers who are using our products, solutions or services, and individual dealers, suppliers and other service products who are providing us with products, solutions or services, consent to the reasonable collection, use and disclosure of their personal information by our representatives and employees for purposes of our providing or consuming such products, solutions or services and the conduct of the transactions or proceedings involving such individuals.
We do not collect, use or disclose personal information without consent unless authorized or required by law to do so, such as in the following circumstances:
• if a customer, dealer, supplier or service providers provides personal information about third parties to us for purposes of our providing or consuming products, solutions or services;
• where a court order or subpoena is issued, or under applicable rules of production, a regulatory or other body with jurisdiction to compel production so requires;
• when the information is publicly available within the meaning of applicable privacy legislation, such as in industry or other directories, in public registries, publicly-filed government, quasi-government or court records or information appearing in published form;
• if we are investigating the breach of an agreement, a legal duty or contravention of a law and obtaining consent would compromise the investigation or the accuracy of the information;
• if we are required to disclose personal information to a lawful authority;
• as otherwise authorized by law.
Limited Collection, Use and Disclosure and Retention
We collect personal information by fair and lawful means and, wherever appropriate, directly from the individual. Wherever possible, we limit the amount of personal information we collect, use or disclose to that necessary and appropriate to provide our provision or consumption of products, solutions and services and to operate our company business. We limit the personal information we collect and use for customer, dealer, supplier and service provider relationship and development purposes, for purposes of providing notices, publications and invitations, and for purposes of accepting and acting upon job applications from individuals.
We keep records of the products, solutions and services provided by or for us in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements. These records may include personal information. Our records are stored with safeguards against inappropriate or unauthorized access (see Safeguards). We retain personal information about individuals for the period of time the individual subscribes to receive our notices, publications and invitations, by email or otherwise, does not opt-out or continues to respond to invitations.
Accuracy of Information
In order to provide customers, dealers, suppliers, service providers or subscribers with a commercially reasonable level of service and to maintain appropriate contact preferences, we may ask you to update your personal information, contact information or preferences from time to time, and we provide an ongoing opt-out opportunity by link or hard copy with all notices, publications and invitations. Customers, dealers, suppliers, service providers are encouraged to contact their lawyer to update the personal information we maintain in our customer files.
Openness About Privacy Practices
Access to Your Personal Information
Individual customers, dealers, suppliers and service providers of Studio Natalie may review any personal information concerning themselves we have on file in our offices by contacting their lawyer. Individuals who are not customers, dealers, suppliers or service providers of Studio Natalie may request access to personal information we hold about them by written request to:
65 Harvey Street, P.O. Box 46
Harbour Grace, Newfoundland
We will provide access to such personal information, subject to exceptions stipulated or required by applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include information protected by solicitor-customer privilege; information generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process; information about another individual where disclosure would reveal confidential commercial information; or information disclosed to the police or other lawful authorities where we are required to withhold disclosure. If you are concerned about the access we have provided or wish to advise us of inaccuracies in the information, you may contact us at email@example.com or, in the case of customers, dealers, suppliers and service providers, their lawyer.
Studio Natalie will respond to complaints from individuals or questions about our compliance with this policy and with applicable privacy laws. We will investigate and attempt to resolve all complaints. To challenge our compliance with this policy please contact us at the co-ordinates listed above.